Serving approximately 150 students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth-grade, Dutchess Day School is seeking an experienced, full, or half-time Lower School teaching assistant for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Provide support during classroom instruction and work periods.
- Work with small groups of students during the school day.
- Ability to support rules for behavior, classroom procedures, and routines.
- Respectfully engage with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
- Support Lower School teachers in curriculum development and join team meetings.
- Ability to use technology in the classroom. Specifically MS Teams, Seesaw, Epson or Smartboards
- Provide coverage for all Lower School duties such as lunch, recess, and dismissal.
- Provide substitute teaching coverage at your assigned grade level, as well as other grade levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated technology skills, familiarity with Seesaw and other educational technology tools preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills, a positive attitude that allows one to cooperate and collaborate effectively with others.
Ideally, candidates should have 3-5 years of teaching experience and a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of elementary school students. A bachelor’s degree in education or related field is required and a master’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and is motivated to work collaboratively within a robust teaching team.