Dutchess Day School Merit Scholarship
The Dutchess Day School is offering a merit scholarship to recognize a student with excellent character and academic promise. We are seeking not only a student to excel in our middle school, but also one who will positively contribute to our community. Our small size allows our students to enjoy the rewards of individualized attention and to feel that they belong to an extended family. Our supportive environment encourages students to take risks, solve problems and express their ideas.
About the Scholarship
• The scholarship will be offered to a current 5th or 6th grader.
• It will be renewed each year through the student’s 8th grade year if the student remains in good academic standing and is a positive member of the DDS community.
• The scholarship does not include transportation costs.
Application Process and Deadlines:
• By JANUARY 13, 2017: Submit an application with two recommendations, essay on a topic provided with the application materials, and a current transcript.
• By FEBRUARY 24, 2017: Candidates will be asked to spend two days at Dutchess where they will experience some classes and take a short assessment
• Finalists will be notified in late February and will be asked to meet with the selection committee in early March.
• A decision will be made by mid-March.
For an application packet or additional information, please contact Christine Whiting in the Admissions Office at 845-677-5014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read a recent Poughkeepsie Journal article featuring current Merit Scholarship recipients: